Air Fryer Cake
Our favorite thing about using Air Fryers is versatility. We can fry, roast and even bake our favorite recipes! Let’s bake cake as easy as 1,2,3
What do you need?
Cake batter : Use your favorite homemade batter or get a storebought cake mix.
Cake pan: It must fit in the air fryer without overcrowding. Measure the inside of your air fryer basket and use a cake pan smaller that does not reach to the top. Make sure the material is safe to use in an oven and up to the temperature that you will be baking at.
Cake strips: This is optional but they help to keep the cake level when in bakes instead of doming in the middle.
1. Make the cake batter.
2. Prep the cake pan ideally by adding shortening around it. Then add some flour and tap the pan around allowing the flour to coat the shortening.
3. Now just fill up the pan with your favorite cake batter until it is a little over halfway full. If you have a cake strip, soak it in water, wring it out, then place it around your pan.
4. Set the Air Fryer to 350 F for 20 minutes for a traditional vanilla cake. You might need to adjust cooking time based on recipes.
5. Allow the air fryer to heat up for 1 to 2 minutes, then pull out the basket with an oven mitt and place the cake pan.
6. Check the cake for doneness. After 16 to 18 minutes slide the basket out of the air fryer. Poke the cake in the middle with a toothpick. If not fully cooked, slide the basket with the cake back into the air fryer and turn it on for a few more minutes.
7. Allow the cake to cool on a rack.
8. Once the cake has cooled you can decorate it with your favorite toppings or icing.
We hope you enjoy baking cakes in your Air Fryer!