BASIC CREPE BATTER
What do you need?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Blend all the ingredients until smooth, placing first the flour and the egg, adding the liquid ingredients gradually. The consistency should be similar to heavy cream. Cook for about 1 minute on medium heat until the surface of the crepe looks dry, then flip and cook for another 15-30 seconds, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, stacking the crepes on top of each other to keep warm.
- Keep the crepes for up to 1 week in the freezer or 1 day in the refrigerator
- If you want more tender crepes, let the dough stand one hour or two
- The batter can be refrigerated up to 3 days but fresh batter is better
- Use crepe maker to warm quesadillas or tortillas for tacos!