Our friends at The Cooking Collaborative joined us in our Holstein Kitchen to prepare a hardy Cajun Chicken Pot Pie in just a few minutes in our Holstein Pie Maker. With Fall just around the corner we were more than ready to start making those comfort food recipes everyone loves!
Scroll down for the full recipe and step by step instructions or watch us make ours!
Juice of one lemon
3 tbsp tahini paste
1/4 cup of water
1 oz red pepper
5 oz chicken
3 oz onion
1 tbsp garlic
1 cup sweet potato
1 tbsp honey aleppo pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp cilantro
– Gather your ingredients.
– Bake your chicken & sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
– Meanwhile prepare your sauce in a saucepan.In a bowl, combine the juice of 1-2 lemons, tbsp tahini paste, and 1/4 cup water until mixed thoroughly.
– Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a sutee pan. Once it is hot, add the
red pepper and onion until the onion is opaque. Once this is complete, add in the garlic just until you begin to smell it cooking
(You never want garlic to burn!)
– Transfer your ingredients in the sauce pan to your bowl.
– Add in the smoked sweet paprika, ground pepper, and salt.
– Add in the tahini lemon mixture and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. You do not want the liquid to fully dissolve.
– Add your cooked chicken and potatoes at this point.
– Add a small amount of your freshly chopped cilantro to the mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
– If the mixture appears to be too dry, add a small amount of water
– Add your pre-made pie crust to the pie maker using your pie crust cutter.
– Add the cajun pot pie mixture to the pie shell and top it if desired with another pie crust topping.
– Bake for 7-12 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove with your included spatula & enjoy!